- Inspect the property – either yourself, or by someone acting on your behalf
- Do a valuation of the property – what is the property worth to you
- Due diligence – arrange a pest and building inspection, obtain a copy of the contract, contact council, arrange a solicitor/conveyancer to review contract
- Speak to agent about payment method and settlement period
- Have your budget set (ideal price and stretch price)
These are our general tips on what to consider doing before an auction. For specific advice tailored to you, please speak to a professional.